Supporting Teachers for Grades 3 - 12
Your teachers are working hard to engage a class full of students with very different needs and preparing them to meet life head on with future-oriented skills.
What if we could help your teachers, with an innovative program, supported by The Royal Conservatory of Music?
What if was offered at no cost?
6 Social is Here to Help
Based on the principles of Design Thinking and utilizing the 6 Cs of future-ready learning, teachers and students discover and experiment with a problem finding and solving framework that can be tied to all areas of the curriculum.
The increased engagement that comes from pursuing inquiry based on personal choice within the subject not only leads to increased learning of the subject matter, but sparks astounding advances in the critical skills and resiliency of participants.
I saw enthusiasm, engagement, and people passionate about what they were doing. These are the things I like to ignite in my classroom and I saw them all through 6 Social. The solution sharing was very energetic, and the students were invested in the social issue they were addressing. We couldn’t have asked for a better time.
Jill Russel, Technology Program Leader, DSBN Academy, District School Board of Niagara
Become a 6 Social Innovation School
This fall we have a special offer for selected school boards across Canada.
We are looking for 10 schools to come on board as part of a specially funded initiative, where teachers at this school will qualify for bursaries to complete the 6 Social program at no cost.
What We Offer
- A proven process to spark creativity, engagement, and critical thinking in the classroom
- Bursaries for participating teachers to enrol in the program at no cost
- 2 virtual “check-in” visits from a 6 Social facilitator for each classroom
- Online collaboration with teachers and classes across the country and around the world.
- Access to special webinar sessions by leading education experts
- All instructional materials including lesson plans, teaching guides and more
- Opportunity for one class from each school to be represented – in person or virtually – at the 2019 CONNECT conference in our 6 Social workshop and presentation.
What We Ask
- Identify the school with the 6 Social program as a “6 Social Innovation School”
- Collaboration with our research partners to track the success of the program
- Documentation of the program via photos, videos or interviews with 6 Social facilitators
- Allow visits from other interested teachers to observe the sessions
To qualify for the Innovation School offer, contact us by September 30
How Does 6 Social Work?
As a professional development opportunity, the program runs in 4 modules, each in 3 easy-to-digest 75 minute sessions over the course of 12 weeks – available anywhere to any teacher with an internet connection.
These online sessions allow for collaboration between teachers across the country and around the world. Sharing ideas with peers provides teachers with unparalleled support and increases creativity and engagement.
As an opportunity for students, that’s up to the teacher in the classroom. Students will also participate in online collaboration opportunities with other 6 Social classes.